I have recently begun working with the Porterbrook Training Network in South Africa.
The Porterbrook Network is a developing initiative aimed at contributing to a wider church planting movement by equipping individuals and churches to rediscover mission as their DNA through training, and resourcing. In practice a distance learning programme for developing missional leaders coming from the context of The Crowded House network, Although Porterbrook Training is now a separate entity with a wider ministry.
Our hope is to see churches reaching diverse peoples with the transforming Gospel of God (Word) and with a visible demonstration that the reign of Jesus is good (Christian Community).
What is the Porterbrook Network about?
- Biblical – deeply rooted in the Scriptures
- Practical – rich theology, applied in detail and relevant to real life
- Relational – because the Christian life was never meant to be lived alone
- Contextual – remain in your normal work and Christian community
- Accessible – no prior theological education required (average competency in English is needed)
- Flexible – schedule is adaptable to suit your circumstances
- Affordable – quality training at a reasonable price
E-mail me for more info: capetown AT porterbrooknetwork DOT org
Watch some students in the UK talking about their experiences here
“The Porterbrook Network is an innovative resource that offers affordable, high-quality training for mission and ministry in the 21st century. I warmly recommend it.” Tim Keller
“The Porterbrook Network is an excellent resource for equipping churches and individuals as we look at responding in a distinctive gospel manner to the needs in our nation and world.”Vaughan Roberts, Rector, St Ebbe’s, Oxford